View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 01:10 AM
CTEngel85
Lurker

CTEngel85 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO underwater WICKED...

You know what's funny?! (to me anyway...) About two weeks ago, I was at the beach enjoying a family reunion... My wife was with me, along with my son. We were all having a good time when my wife wanted to take pictures with my Evo, of all of us in the water. She walked about ankle high into the surf and started snapping shots... I of course told her, "put my phone back before you drop it"... and offered to go to the car to get my camera. She assured me she was fine and wouldn't drop it... Not a minute later... SHE DROPPED IT!!! I was livid, needless to say. I immediately ran to the phone... which was now buried under sand and saltwater... Pulling it out of the muck and desperately trying to pry open the battery cover to pull the batt, I saw the screen flicker and slowly die, just before I yanked the battery. I thought for sure it was done. After two days of vacuuming the phone (believe me, it works) and brushing nearly a pound of salt and sand out of it... of course, I had to open the phone up... I powered it on. To my astonishment, it started up! But, to NaviPanel... haha. Nonetheless it was on! After some more cleaning and alcohol swabs, it started to run just as it was new! Obviously, my warranty is void (water damage and opening the case) so I can't return it, except to pay a deductable... But it runs! The only problem I have now, is when I plug in headphones, the phone turns off immediately. And if using a stock ROM, the home button is commandeered by NaviPanel. I guess the phone thinks it's perpetually in "Car Dock Mode"... But... I have to say... this is one tough cookie of a phone!

Quick questions though... for you phone geniuses...

I. What is Sprints insurance policy? I have insurance, but if I told them the phone was lost/stolen and just trash it, is it still just $100?

2. Anyone have any ideas why the headphone jack does that? *besides the obvious water damage... maybe some other phones do it?

c. Anyone feel generous enough to buy this U.S. Marine a new Evo? lol, I know... but it's worth a try.

Anyway, thanks for hearing me rant... It's not too often I get to do so...

Semper Fi fellow geeks...

-Chris
This post has been thanked 1 times.