View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 07:51 PM
wudstock54
Regular 'Geeker

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unlocking Palm Pre Plus possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubated View Post
i recently broke my touch diamond. i am quite happy about it. i have wanted to get a new phone for a while, and diamond was pissing me off too much. anyway, now that my provide is HSPA and supports sim and cdma, i was looking into palm pre plus as my next phone. webOs seems to be very much what i am looking for, and with the hardware improvements made to the pre, i think the phone should be a good one. if i am wrong somewhere, or am making a mistake in getting the pre plus, please let me know.

so, is it possible to unlock an att phone on a canadian network without shelling out $50? can i unlock it, or does it require special hardware?
Not sure about the unlocking but I can assure you that going from a Diamond to a Pre is not a mistake. I had a Touch Pro previous to the Pre and there is no comparison. Check out all the patches and preware. For sure go with the 1ghz kernel. Good luck.