View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 09:42 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
Regular 'Geeker

JohnnyOnTheSpot is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 3.16.651.0 IS real, and so is GPS - Link inside - NOT official release

Ok, here's the deal...I've tried to get through this thread and I've made it up to page 20 but due to the wonky ass server it keeps freezing, stopping, and it takes forever to load a page. I haven't done much of anything to my phone in months, and my last update was the one that was released a little while after the launch I think. I want to do the update but I have a few very stupid questions that I could not find the answers to in my search...

-Is a hard reset required, or does it happen at all during this process? I really am skeptical to erase everything on my phone again, even though I've backed up most on Active Sync, I just haven't done this crap in a while and will probably forget most of the tweaks that I've made.
-Does it mess up Active Sync? I've read of couple references to that but I haven't found the answers.
-Is there anything I would have to do with my stock rom other than simply run the file via my PC? I've seen a couple instances in this thread and the guide in Updates that kind of confuse me and I'm not too sure.

Honestly, what it comes down to is I'm not a genius with this stuff and I'm just not sure if this is worth it. Thanks a lot guys, and I hope my mental lapses don't piss anyone off.