View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Humpa
PPCGeeks Regular

Humpa is keeping up the good workHumpa is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Humpa
Re: Before I buy - questions the Sales guys don't really know the answer to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipdhall View Post
I'm so stoked to upgrade from my VZW TP1!! Here's a few questions I have after reading reviews about the X, and I'm hoping the people who picked up their phones today can give me straight, reliable answers, since the folks in the store seem to be trained to just say yes.

1) Bluetooth voice dialing - Can I sync any old bluetooth headset, push the button on the headset, and voice dial without ever picking up the phone?

2) Outlook Sync - I do NOT have an exchange server. Can I fully sync via USB with Outlook - Calendar, Contacts, Notes, Tasks, Sent email items, with appropriate categories? If I am forced to use google's cloud-based PIM systems (which seems a privacy problem to me), do their systems support categories, flags, and the outlook features I've become accustomed to?

3) Office Mobile - I really only need to edit excel and word. Does it come with the phone, is it available at all, how much does it cost?

Thanks for your help

Phil
1. Yes

2. That topic is more involved and I do not know. But if you don't want your stuff on the cloud, then don't use the Android Calendar and Contacts (or turn off any sort of google account syncing in the settings). Try googling for a good tutorial on syncing Outlook with Google (the phone is irrelevant - syncing to your gmail account will also sync to your phone, assuming you tell it to)

3. I believe Docs To Go does all that. http://www.androlib.com/android.appl...togo-qmBD.aspx
This post has been thanked 1 times.