View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Recursion
Rockin' the Red!!

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 07/09/10 Pluto_Cookie is up! **VINdows Phone**(Sense 2016)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
Here is the solution to the choppiness to the weather animation and the slowness with the photo album.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=7181179
this links work i tried this application and now my phone is running much faster and smoother.

This program speeds up your processor on your phone. I currently have mine set at 710 MHZ I will let you know how my phone is performing and how it affects my battery life.
Interesting ... running it 787Mhz. Hmmm ... no lock-ups, can unplug without lockups.

Weird part...I think it actually works... ***FWIW***.

I did notice a few things (slider response, weather tab animation, etc.) move a little quicker. For example, my weather tab animation (night, cloudy) went from 20 seconds to 17.6 seconds from start to finish. However, during the first couple runs through the weather tab, I noticed a few hesitations in the animations. I received a text during one run, and my weather updated on another test run. This skewed the numbers, so I had to turn on flight mode.

Well, this is pretty much telling us that our CPUs are **NOT** our bottlenecks. I'm pretty damn sure it's our RAM, and a faster GPU & dedicated video RAM would help our phones MORE, IMHO, than a faster CPU.

Ah hah...a crash, sorta. Wake from sleep causes an error. But you can just exit & the phone is seems fine.

Anyhow ... just my .02....FWIW

Last edited by Recursion; 07-14-2010 at 10:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.