View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 12:29 AM
FastRX8
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TUTORIALS] EVO Full Root|OTA Root|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing|for n00b's + vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyeason1980 View Post
hey i get to the step 5S where you have to enter the big code. i put the code in but im getting no such file or directory. Im sure i prob typed the code wrong. if so can someone please help me

c:\evo-recovery>adb-windows shell /data/local/part2
part 2 is scanning
/app-cache/com.android.browser/8DC4D36D0A7DFC8CF8B82FA356E2BBF8/.foo.emD8Za
crw-rw-rw- root root 90, 2 2010-07-12 23:25 mtd1
c:\evo-recovery>adb-windows shell
$ cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/local_image
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/local_image
cannot create /data/local_image: permission denied
$ cat /sdcard/flash_image >data/local/flash_imagechmod 755 /data/local/flash_ima
ge/data/local/flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd-eng.img
cat /sdcard/flash_image >data/local/flash_imagechmod 755 /data/local/flash_image
/data/local/flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd-eng.img
755: No such file or directory
/data/local/flash_image/data/local/flash_image: Not a directory
misc: No such file or directory
$
There's a lot of errors in that. You typed the first line wrong.
Start over on the step of typing, and take you're time.
Did you type it, or cut and paste? It is CasE SensITiVe. And the spaces have to be exactly right also.

You got past the hard part, so as long as your files are on the sdcard and you're in the adb-windows shell, the commands work.

BTW - Technically speaking, these commands can be pasted but usually people pickup an extra character or space and it doesn't work. So, you're better of typing it.

Last edited by FastRX8; 07-13-2010 at 12:34 AM.