View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 04:53 PM
chris1683
VIP Member
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 7/12/10 | Sprint Lovers Evo | OTA | Updated Radio/Wimax 4G | Uninstallable

Quote:
Originally Posted by grants04 View Post
Android N00b questions, please forgive:

1. If I flash the 7/12 version, will it wipe my phone like when you flash WinMo ROMS? Or, will the data remain intact like with the very first OTA?

2. What is the best way to flash a ROM? I have read about a rom flashing program on the market but I am not sure when that comes into play.

3. Do you always have to wipe your device first or only when the ROM suggests it?

I have read so many different posts and since I'm new to Android ROM flashing and this one is my first, I'm still a bit confused. I know that these various questions have been discussed but I think I need a little more clarification...
1. Both versions will overwrite the system. If you do not wipe your data you MAY still have it however I have not tried this so cannot say for sure. (I always do a clean install and wipe the system/cache/dalvikcache)
2. The best way in my opinion to flash the rom is Version #1 which is very straight foward and only involves a few simple steps as described in the first post.
3. I would recommend wiping the device prior to installing any new rom as to avoid any conflicts.