View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Reefermattness
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Reefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIPReefermattness is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/01] FROYO BETA ADDED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post

Main reason i switched was due to the realization that i could run Android 2.1 with Sense, i always saw people running 1.6 and really am not attracted to that build. this sense build is beautiful though, may try out 2.2 next.

Overall i give it a 7.5-8.0 rating. if battery and camera were working i would give it a solid 9, the bugginess i can deal with. But that's just me.

Again thanks for all your work to the developers. Trying out things like this makes me really appreciate my phone and the online communities

Wait until you try 2.2, you wont care about sense anymore. LOL

Sense is my least favorite, and the most buggy of all the builds. I personally give it around a 4-5 rating, and consider it more of a novelty build, than a day to day user. I guess Ive been using sense back when it was called Manilla3d, so its nothing new to me, but it almost takes away from Android, and REALLY slows it down. Almost makes you feel back like you are running laggy WM again. Just an example, Sense build when in normal use has about 40mb free ram. Use ATK to "Kill all tasks" in the Sense build and you are lucky if you have around 60mb free ram. Do the same with 2.1 or 2.2 w/o SenseUI, youre at about 70-80mb free ram during use and after ATK you have close to 100-110mb free.

Last edited by Reefermattness; 07-12-2010 at 01:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.