View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 01:13 PM
kern417
Regular 'Geeker

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [CAB] GSM&CDMA Project Android Port and Startup Utility [7/01] FROYO BETA ADDED!

Thought I'd add in my 2 cents

Finally tried it out and its working great. text a few people, downloaded email and twitter all worked fine. battery meter was visibly jumpy but i wasnt worried about it dying since i had just charged it before, but it was definitely bouncing up and down. the battery ran very warm, i tried disabling a lot of the apps i had because i didnt realize almost everything is set to auto refresh every few minutes so hopefully the next time i try it out it will be cooler, but i had to switch back to WinMo for a while so my hand could cool down/:

basically this works fine for me, the only other thing i would like to see is a working camera application, i mostly use my phone for sms, internet, and twitter, so bluetooth and things of the sort dont affect me. Also an accurate battery meter would be nice but i'm pretty used to my phone that i can guess when its going to die before hand. Sometimes i couldnt get the on screen keyboard to pop up and i really tried not to open the hard keyboard as much since the G-Sensor seemed buggy

Main reason i switched was due to the realization that i could run Android 2.1 with Sense, i always saw people running 1.6 and really am not attracted to that build. this sense build is beautiful though, may try out 2.2 next.

Overall i give it a 7.5-8.0 rating. if battery and camera were working i would give it a solid 9, the bugginess i can deal with. But that's just me.

Again thanks for all your work to the developers. Trying out things like this makes me really appreciate my phone and the online communities