View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 08:34 PM
sike770

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Need help rooting my EVO please!

I need help trien to figure out how to root my new EVO I just got yesterday I downloaded all programs I needed PC36IMG.zip eng-PC36IMG.zip Full Root files.zip evo-recovery and OMJ_EVO_2.1_Eclair_v1.5 custom rom. I am running a 32 bit windows 7 on my pc and have software version 1.32.651.1 on my EVO

I copied the file PC36IMG.zip and eng-PC36IMG.zip to the storage card and didn't unzip it or put it in a folder.

Then I took the "Full Root Files.zip" and unzip all 3 files to the storage card. and didn't put them in a folder.

Then I power-off the phone

Then while holding "Volume DOWN", I pushed the "Power" button so the phone turn back on.
It read the storage card reading the PC36IMG.zip file I placed on the card.

Then the phone prompted Do you want to start update?" I said yes

When it was done it said "Update Complete. Do you want to reboot device?" I said yes

It took a while to start up the first time, then I skip all the account setups and whatever else just to get to the Home screen so I can get to the next step. I reconnected the EVO to the PC and select "disk drive"

I then renamed the file "PC36IMG.zip" "root-PC36IMG.zip" and then rename "eng-PC36IMG.zip" "PC36IMG.zip"

I disconnected the EVO from the USB,then reconnected the EVO but this time selected "Charge Only" and made sure USB Debugging was turned on

Then I opened a "run" window and in the command line typed c:\evo-recovery\adb-windows shell then hit "OK" a command promp flashed real quick then disappeared before I could even read it no window ever opened up like it says it would I even opend command promp up manualy and tried typing in the code it keeps tellin me error device not found

Is there another program I need installed on my computer I have good knowledge of computers and have no problem reading or following directions but Im a noob when it comes to Android I felt I done all i could I even read every forum possible but still couldnt figure it out any help would be appreciated.