View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 03:25 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root & OTA ROOT|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by grants04 View Post
BTW, in addition to the above, I am looking for a ROM that will give me the benefits of OTA 1.47.651.1 without losing root. I'm still a noob on Android so I don't know which ROM to flash. I DO know how to click the THANK YOU button though so please feel free to point me to a good ROM. Thanks!!
Glad you got it. Simple root is just the "automatic" version of these steps. So something was going wrong in your process and Simple root did it for you. Stoked you're done and NOW the fun begins

IMO the best way to updated radio and updated wimax is to follow whitslack method. It's in my sig. It will also give you the OTA software and amon ra recovery.
Simple root should have given you an unlocked Nand. Double check your hboot version.
If so you're golden. Follow whitslacks steps, wipe and then flash the 1.47 ROM of your choice. You'll take the radio and wimax with you intact.

I havent tried a lot of ROMs but I read the threads. I'm on OMJ and it has a very stock look with the bloat removed. It's rock solid and fast. All Sprint apk's (cab's in WinMo speak) are available for reinstall. Sprint Lovers is supposedly a good one too.
ROM choice in Android is exactly like in WinMo what works for me wont for you, hence all the flashing fun