coppermine18
PPCGeeks Regular

coppermine18 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Re: HTC says Evo 30fps cap on video cant be increased

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
I agree and I posted something like your comment before in another thread. Scrolling and this so-called input lag has nothing to do with fps. HAs everything to do with how the evo uses it's resources and how them resources are allocated. Much of what these people are claiming is a major placebo effect and nothing more. It's kinda like morons who actually spend 100 bucks on a K&N filter for their chevy cavalier thinking that it actually gives them more horsepower and better gas mileage. Then they say, WOW it made a difference!!. No it didn't. That K&N filter is designed for high performance engines that need X amount of air intake for fuel mixture properties. But they will sell that filter to oblivious consumers who have no clue just to make a buck.

Anywho, since the EVO doesn't have a dedicated GPU, the CPU has to handle all the graphical chores thus taking away resources needed for everything else. With that said, MMO's are mostly CPU dedicated. You can have a 3Ghz quad and an ATI 9800 Pro (circa 2004) video card and it will run smooth as butter, well almost. But if your running a 1.6Ghz atom N270 and an ATI 5970 together, the MMO will slow to a crawl, even though that 5970 is a major beast of a GPU. Why? the game is coded for CPU cycles due to massive online structuring. Not Video output. But on the contrary, Battlefield 2 is GPU intensive. You can get by with a 2Ghz CPU and an ATI 5870 and it will fly. Anything less than an ATI 3870, the game will stutter and be virtually unplayable.

Some people just don't understand how it works and by complaining makes them feel better.
Lol, yay someone understands me. I am not so good at explaining and making analogies.

Bye bye WM, it was fun.