coppermine18
PPCGeeks Regular

coppermine18 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Re: HTC says Evo 30fps cap on video cant be increased

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
pretty sure people who uncapped their EVOs said that touch lag disappeared after they applied the fix... just sayin

You just quoted something other than what I had to say about touch lag...

Let me put it this way.

The touch input is completely separate from the frame rate or output...

EVEN if you had 60fps the lag from your touch to it registering being processed then output visually would not be better... Think about your computer and you are playing wow or something online. Your computer is awesome quad core, sli video setup, water cooled, 8gb ram, solid state drive... But there are 150 other players on your screen and your ping is like 450ms.... You are still getting 32+ fps in total chaos. The answer is that your system is prioritizing over your input and so it catches up after the system finishes processing its other open threads. So you see it is beating on your awesome machine... You find out your virus scanner was running in the background and eating up your cpu and other resources... You turn it off and your game/system loses the input lag.

Now, do you blame the lag from your keyboard and mouse on your fps, or do you blame it on the data load and ping or virus scanner making the system less responsive.

That is not what makes it better, regardless what anyone thinks.

What reduces the lag is more efficiency through software/hardware or clocks.

Raising a frame cap is nothing that corresponds to the lag, it is another factor in the process that decreases it... If you had under 12 or 13 fps I would say maybe.

Bye bye WM, it was fun.