View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 12:40 AM
coppermine18
PPCGeeks Regular

coppermine18 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC says Evo 30fps cap on video cant be increased

Ok well I'm not going to argue that going higher isn't better, but IF you uncap it and have frames bouncing 30 to 60 fps you will get more tear.

As far as I can tell the problems I have with scrolling do not relate to the framerate so much. My phone got a bit choppy in 2d scrolling, I restarted and it was smooth as glass.

Higher fps will only be smoother if you limit it to where the frames will be able to cap without huge dips.

Again, I'm putting it on system performance. This phone runs like a fragmented drive with no ram... Every time I restart my scrolling is perfect.

I have spent 10 years working with hardware and software (gaming benchmark overclocking the whole bit) testing as well as 3D post production.

My job was troubleshooting these kind of issues.

More research should be put into 2d framerate as it is in action as well as system items read/writes, cpu usage etc.

Like I said my 2d bench dropped as low as 7 fps.... So how is higher cap going to help that?

I really think there is more to do about this before going over 30 will be any benefit.

Bye bye WM, it was fun.