View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 11:41 AM
coppermine18
PPCGeeks Regular

coppermine18 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC says Evo 30fps cap on video cant be increased

I just ran some of those benches did anyone notice the choppy ones were averaging 7 to 12fps? The ones that were pinned at the 30 fps were fine. So cap was 0 issue there.

I also ran the 2d, the frames were no where near consistent with massive spikes and a few severe lows.. Average was 25 fps. Again, not a cap issue. Plus that is just poor altogether.

Lol, it is not rendering smooth, consistent or even 30 fps in the first place on the comparisons.

Yes people should care it is just a phone but yes it is capable of much more and why is the question when it comes to the evo over the other phones. We have expensive phones that should compare to its relatives.

facts,
1. The evo is capped at 30 but the droid and nexus are not.
2. The droid and nexus out bench the evo which makes it render faster and respond to input faster, ie; reduce lag.
3. The evo is not even capable of averaging 30 fps stock... so raising the cap really only gives it a chance to spike higher sometimes which is worse.
4. Obvious answers are frame cap or inefficiency, ultimately both if efficiency holds it back.

Imo efficiency, fix it see the new avg fps, if capped bump it.

Hmm.

Bye bye WM, it was fun.