View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 06:01 PM
FastRX8
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root & OTA ROOT|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYSIANA View Post
Ok, I was able to dl from your link (Thanks!!) Now I tried whitslack's method and it wouldnt work for me either.

Ok Im on 1.32.651.1 now...I was rooted last night (at least pt 1, not sure about pt 2...HBOOT said I had 76.2000 but something still was wrong) before I began attempting the whitslacks method. Im almost positive Im not rooted at all anymore, or if I am, something seems to be "broken" within the phone...did I brick it?? I hope not! Now it says I'm back to the 79.000

So my goal is to have fully rooted stock 1.47.651.1 with up to date radios, wimax, etc. Where should I start considering where Im at now?
First off, you didn't brick the phone. Brick refers to a phone that is just as useful as a brick. In other words, it doesn't bootup, you can't make calls, it's basically a paperweight. You're definitely not there.

Based on were you are and what you're trying to do, I would -
Download OMJ1.6r
Download whitslaks files
Put them on your sdcard
Do a backup - Section 4 - Manual Nand Backup/Restore
Then, while still in the recovery screen, go to Section 2 and follow
2N - 2R
2N) From the list, use "Volume DOWN" to highlight "Wipe" and "Power" button to select it.

2O) In the Wipe menu you're going to use the "Volume DOWN" to highlight "Wipe data/factory reset" and "Power" button to select it, then "Power" button again to confirm. Once it's done, repeat this step so you "Wipe data/factory reset" twice.

2P) Use the "Volume DOWN" to highlight "Wipe Dalvik-cache" and "Power" button to select it, then "Power" button again to confirm. Once it's done, repeat this step so you "Wipe Dalvik-cache" twice.

Now push "Power" button to return to the previous menu.

2Q) Use the "Volume DOWN" to highlight "Flash zip from sdcard" and "Power" button to select it.
At this point every zip file on the root of your sdcard will show. Make sure you know which one you want to flash.

2R) Use the "Volume DOWN" to highlight your rom or radio file and "Power" button to select it, then "Power" button again to confirm. Sit back and wait.

After OMJ's rom is installed, follow whitslak's method for using his 2 files.
This post has been thanked 1 times.