Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Hd2 Hints, Tips and Registry Tweaks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
try again but instead of where it says tf3d rename rename them with HTC Sence
with the caps
Thanks for your help, maxtcee!
I tried it with "HTC Sense", EnableLandscape = true (string) and DisableRotation = 1 (dword) and now it works more or less:
The slider appears at the bottom of the screen (after clicking some kind of "show it" icon and the quicklinks, the start icon and all other icons rotated and are placed where they should be.

There are merely three more things which are a bit strange:

1)
The normal screen with clock, calendar etc. is still on the left hand side of the screen and it's second half is still cut off a little bit (it ends after the first calendar item).
Cookies quicklinks appear on the right hand side. They are arranged in three columns with three icons each. The upper one shows the three first icons of the left quicklink menu, the one in the middle shows the middle menu's first three icons and the bottom row shows the right quicklink menu's first three icons. I can scroll through my cookie quicklinks up- and downwards though they are a little bit mixed up.
Though this result is not too bad, I guess my screen should look a little bit different, shouldn't it? Something like a kind of normal view but with a scrollbar at the right hand side to scroll down to the second half of the screen?

2)
Some menus still don't flip around, e.g. the start menu (which is a bit annoying since especially this one would be great in landscape mode) and the lock screen.
Maybe there is just a command missing in the whitelist and module name folders?

3)
Some screens rotate in a wrong way hiding important information (e.g. the phone book).
The callers list e.g. looks more or less normal with the list on the left hand side and the number block for dialing on the right hand side. This is not too bad since I can touch all necessary buttons.
But the phone book is too much on the left so that I cannot read the people's names and I have a huge gray gap on the right side showing absolutely nothing but the color gray.

It would be great if those ones who got this tweak working could write down what exactly they wrote into the ModuleName and Whitelist folder and which keys (and which kind of keys, too) they have in their root folder.
Thanks a lot in advance!

By the way: Using the German 1.66 stock ROM I did neither have this DisableRotation key nor the EnableLandscape key inside my root folder before so I created it. But I know that there is an EnableLandscape key somewhere else in my registry (I found it once by pure chance).