View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 04:28 PM
bedoig
VIP Member

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
It's fine. Stop obsessing over memory usage. Unless you flat out run out and stuff stops working, it's fine. Windows Mobile caches stuff in memory to speed up access.

I'd like to see 0MB free on my phone, which means the phone is caching as much as possible. The cache is dropped when programs need memory, so it's of little importance.
Except that there are a number of apps that won't start if memory is too low (Camera, Picsel, Opera, etc.). Even managing memory with a good task manager and with programs like Oxios often isn't enough. Try listening to a song in Audio Manager while loading up a decent sized web page. Pretty soon audio stops because Windows has closed it in order to devote the limited amount of RAM to the browser.

I agree there is no point obsessing over it, but it is definetly annoying.