View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 09:45 PM
chris1683
VIP Member
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 7/6/10 | Sprint Lover's Evo 2.1 | OTA 1.47.651.1 | Updated Radio/Wimax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triscuit View Post
I found out how to do this somewhere but I can't find the thread for the life of me. I'm still looking for it, if I find it I'll post it, but this is what I do.

You have to use adb.

1. Connect the phone with USB Debbugging turned on (Charge Only works for me) and get into shell. Once in shell type the following.

2. "remount rw"

3. "cd /system/app"

4. "ls" - This will give you a long list of .apk and .odex.

5. Now find the apps you want to uninstall and type the following

6. "rm name.of.app.apk"
"rm name.of.app.odex

Not all .apks have a .odex to go with them

7. Then just reboot and all is good.

Sometimes on step 2, I have to type "remount ro" and then "remount rw".
This is one method..or in my first post I have an alternative which is a million times easier but will cost you about $3.00 US