View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 05:04 PM
gaudet41
PPCGeeks Regular

gaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good workgaudet41 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So yeah now HTC admits the 30fps limit is software because of the HDMI port.

The 30 FPS cap limit is an issue for the average person. I am an average user and not very techy at all. I dont root any of my phones or do any of that advanced stuff. However the 30 FPS limit is noticeable only during certain things. I happen to only notice it when I play Let's Golf from gameloft or the homerun hitter 3d game. Sometimes they are a bit choppy.

Now the main problem here is that when an average user who doesn't realize that this choppyness is related to a software cap will simply try it see the choppyness and say "this phone sux its too choppy". when in reality the phone is amazing and just needs a software fix. iphone switchers would definitely notice this as "let's golf" in particular runs smooth as a baby's bottom on my girlfriends ipod touch.

Anyways hopefully HTC has a software fix for this in the works or hopefully in FroYo this will be fixed.

P.S. As a former WinMo user I love my EVO and android so relax.