View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 11:14 AM
FastRX8
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root & OTA ROOT|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweethip View Post
noob question alert !!

But if we never had root and have OTA - we would have to do section 5, i get that.. but does this have FULL root ? Or do we do section 5 (to get past the OTA issue) first then follow your FULL root guide on the 1st page?
Maybe someone in this thread can help me out.
I wrote this tutorial in a hurry, so I understand that there may be some things I can improve. The steps are all there and accurate, but it seems like I'm missing something because I keep getting questions that I thought were answered.

In the FAQ, the 1st question is
Q. I did the OTA 1.47.651.1 can I still root my phone?
A. Scroll down and follow the steps in ****ROOTING AFTER OTA 1.47.651.1****

The section is called -****ROOTING AFTER OTA 1.47.651.1****

In the description I wrote -
This is for Root access after someone has applied the OTA 1.47.651.1. If you accepted the OTA or it was done for you when you bought your phone, use this guide.

I specifically said -
If it says "1.47.651.1" this guide is for you.
If you're on version "1.32.651.1" or "1.32.651.6" then use the ****ROOTING Part I and Part II (Full Root)**** instructions in section 1 & 2 of the first post.

So what can I write to make it abundantly clear that anyone w/ OTA 1.47.651.1 needs section 5 to Root their phone.