View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 03:15 PM
r.mauldin
PPCGeeks Regular

r.mauldin is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

I found this 4g wimax fix over on xda: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=182

4G FIXED!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, I had the problem many people are having with 4G following the update. My 4G would Scan without finding or attempting to connect to the network.

After applying this update, which ran again without a problem once I restored the apk files I had previously removed and substituted the build.prop posted by the op for the one flipz modified in his .6 rooted stock rom, I did a little digging as I was again stuck in the scanning for 4G network phase.

I ran through the checks outlined in this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=3826 primarily looking to make sure my mac address was correct and the wimax_properties file had the correct entries as outlined there in.

I then found some information in the DC rom thread that suggested a number of steps, many of which wern't aplicable because I don't run DC but the ones I did use are as follows.

1. I ran an update of the prl just to make sure it was current.
2. I ran the profile update in the same location.
3. I then did this:

adb shell
ls /data/misc/wimax/

look for a file with your macaddress ending in .tree.xml. you want to move that to another location so it gets regenerated. (the following command basically renames it.)

mv /data/misc/wimax/(Your-mac-address).tree.xml /data/misc/wimax/(Your-mac-address).tree.xml.old

4. Start 4G (It didn't connect for me here.)
5. Power off the phone and power it back on. (When it powered back on it connected for me.)

4G has been working since then. In fact, I'm posting this via wireless tether over that 4G connection.

I used the original patch. The one that does not include the recovery image. the recovery image was not needed as part of the update package to correct this.