View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 12:37 PM
jimmiekain
Almost a VIP

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Exclamation Camera wont focus... Brand new Evo... Not rooted

I bought an evo on release date and it had a few problems so I took it back and got a new one. About 2 hours after I got my new one home I heard it making a really fast clicking/tapping sound. (click click click tap tap tap) I thought the sound was coming from my speaker so I put it up to my ear after a few seconds I looked at the speaker and noticed that it wasnt the speaker but that it was the camera. I could see the lens physically moving back and forth really fast. Naturally I started the camera app to see what would happen. I snapped a picture and noticed that it was very blurry. I then went to camera settings and changed them and its still very blurry. Its almost as if the camera just refused to focus (looked like I needed glasses)... Naturally, the next step I took was to try to record a video... Same thing very blurry but sound is perfect. Next I tried the front facing camera. It was fine.

I have tried re-starting it a bunch of times... tried cleaning the lens...

About 4 or 5 hours later I took another picture and it was fine. Now the problem is intermittent and if I take 10 pictures 3 or 4 will be in focus and the others wont.

1. My phone is not rooted
2. I have not dropped it
3. It has not gotten wet.
4. Babied it the whole time I've had it.
5. Tried turning off auto focus and using manual

Any suggestions?