View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 12:10 PM
UPdownLoAD
N00b

UPdownLoAD is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone try the new firmware for Intrepid posted on sprint.com

I just got a refurb from Spring that had a good life before I saw it (2715hr of voice calls (you can see yours by going to phone and typing ##786#)). Out of the refurb box, it had the DD19 firmware already preinstalled.

I've had zero issues with this device, other than learning the new layout and learning I really do need to modify my today screen to do what I need.

I'm finding that all of my free programs I need to install (including homescreen customizer) have been available from Marketplace. No need to keep all the cabs around on the memory card now!!

I do have a few questions/issues/comments:
1) I hate the Start Menu. I can't wrap, and type the letter of the program, and can't find a way to change either of those.
2) I hate adding contacts to a new message; I'm used to typing the name and it autocompleting. This missing feature is great to send a txt to multiple people.
3) Worst phone I've ever had as far as hanging on to EVDO in my Airave house. All data is just about 1X, but I've been getting my calls so I don't really care
4) Battery life is WONDERFUL- whereas with my Treo Pro I needed 1 1/2 charges a day, same (if not more) usage shows about 2/3 FULL at the end of the day. I can't tell you the exact number, as I don't have a battery monitor on my toolbar.