View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 08:44 AM
spetrillo
VIP Member

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Imagio KITCHEN!|Custom ROM's|HSPL General Instructions|Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
If you need help getting started. Here is a mini tutorial from a noob perspective...

If you are going to flash the rom you create then go ahead and connect your phone via USB so that you are in active sync.

1) Launch the Erviuskitchen.exe (using admin. privileges - right click - run as administrator) on your PC.

2) "Load Rom" upper left hand corner.

3) Now choose one of the predefined templates from the menu that pops up. I choose "23569_no_htc_msg.erv"

4) Now you have a long list of the components that will go into your rom. If something on the list is green- it is selected to go in. If something is greyed out it is deselected and will not go in. You select or deselected by double clicking the item. According to the Dr certain components cannot be taken out or your rom will not work or Sense will not load. I believe he said to leave the "zz_reg" section at the bottom alone (VZW MMS HTC is greyed out in the template I choose- but I did not mess with the others in this section). I think also all the components for Sense have to be left in. I tried to create a rom without the Twitter tab and Sense wouldn't load. I could be wrong though. Basically I deselected the apps I don't use or don't want cooked in like DotFred's Task Manager and SHowcase and MP3 trimmer.

5)When you are done selecting/deselecting choose "Create Rom" upper left corner and it will flash the rom to your phone. It takes a little while. The program spits out a very long list. Pauses a few times. Don't get nervous. Just wait it out. When it is done you will get the familiar screen you get when flashing (with the picture of your phone). Then just go through the steps like always.

6) If you choose to "Create Rom" and go ahead with the flash - the Rom is automatically exported to the "RELEASE_WHITESTONE" folder and named ruu_signed.nbh. So if you want to flash it again, that is where you can find it. I guess every time you create a rom this file gets overwritten. I am not sure. So to be safe, when you are all done, I would copy the "ruu_signed.nbh" and stick it in another folder with a familiar name (first_test_ruu_signed.nbh, or whatever).

@all - please feel free to correct any mistakes or write a more in depth tutorial or just share what you have learned about using this Imagio kitchen.
Welcome to the world of cooking! Its addictive so be ready to spend lots of hours perfecting your craft.