View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 07:07 AM
GoodThings2Life
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who really sees a need to root this phone?

This is the first phone I've ever owned that I did want to root it. In the WinMo world, I was perfectly content to just hack the registry and tweak things to my liking, but with Android I'm at the mercy of HTC and Sprint until I root it and set it free from their shackles.

Now, rooted, I have a more stable experience by removing all the Sprint crap; better battery life (can easily get 15 hours on moderate to heavy life); and I can install Wifi Tethering for Root and get free wifi tethering that effectively turns my $10 premium data fee into a $20 savings on tethering. That's a no brainer bargain in my opinion.