View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 01:28 PM
jbearamus
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: so guess what my verizon Rep Told me ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Just because Verizon will start rolling out LTE at the end of this year doesn't mean it will completely replace the CDMA network anytime soon. CDMA will be around for awhile, and a CDMA iPhone would make a lot of sense for Apple. You act as if it would be a waste of time to develop a CDMA iPhone and I am not sure why.
agreed, they can't just flip a switch and completely replace the CDMA network so presumably the first devices would be hybrid, i was actually talking to a coworker yesterday about how it would make sense for apple to wait for LTE for verizon but they'd have to stick a CDMA radio in it anyway just to maintain coverage during the transition (assuming iphone goes to VZW in the next 2 years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdaOd View Post
My understanding is that Verizon is planning to use LTE for data and continue using CDMA for a while on voice. I guess we won't know until Verizon actually rolls it out.
initially yes, they're going to run them both but the plan is eventually to have LTE run both voice and data simulataneously