View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 11:55 PM
FastRX8
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Threadstarter

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root No PC or ADB|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing| for n00b's + Vi

I installed the rooted OTA and didn't have any issues. Then I restored a backup and tried flashing straight to OMJ's latest rom and lost root, sort of.
The SU icon is there, Android Mate file explorer needs SU to run and it worked.
But when I open an ADB Shell, I get the "$" instead of the "#" for rooted.
Just finished running Part I of rooting and the phone is about to boot up. I'll let you know if that fixed it and if I still have Nand Unlocked.

Something weird happened while doing Part I.
After it read the PC36IMG.zip file, it gave me the option to update. I hit Volume UP and it went through everything way too fast, then it went back to the bootloader screen and read the PC36IMG file again. When it asked if i wanted to update I hit volume UP and this time it worked like normal.
When the phone rebooted, it went from the HTC screen and rebooted again, just once. Then it finished like normal. Now I have the "#" back. About to try loading OMJ 1.6 again.

Last edited by FastRX8; 06-29-2010 at 12:00 AM.