View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 04:46 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/25/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4audi View Post
If i back up my stuff with the Rom Manager and want to flash the new rom, can i do the and use the restore file to have all programs, contacts, and stuff?
No. The backup in ROM Manager is a NAND backup, if you restore that you will be back on the previous version, as you left it. It is a failsafe in case something goes wrong with the new flash or you just want to jump back to the old version easily.
OMJ posted instructions on how to pull the data image from that backup and restore that. I think like he does, that that is the same as not wiping your data prior to flashing so I dont do it. Could be wrong on that.
I'd look at an app like Titanium Backup to save your settings to take from one ROM to another.

Edit: OMJs restore instructions:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=699

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-28-2010 at 04:52 PM.