View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 01:43 PM
lipidfats
VIP Member

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
All Discussions regarding the OTA update (Sprint re-released the update - 6/29)

Update: Sprint has removed the update because people were bricking their phones by installing it twice. When they re-release the update, only install it once. Installing it a second time will brick your device.

Update 2: Sprint has re-released the OTA update. Let us know if anything is different from the last one, besides it not bricking devices this time

If you haven't received a notification for the updated update or it's not showing up when you search for it under settings, you can manually download it (thanks, themuffinman).

Positives:

-WiFi has improved in strength and signal. People are confirming that they get much faster speeds and some, better range. Not sure if wireless N has been activated, but it's certainly better.

- Screen now responds correctly to input when placed on a table or another surface. Before you had to be holding the device to access the uppder portion of the screen. Woo!

- Exchange Active Sync improvements, including fix to issues with new account setup, PIN policy usage and Exchange Calendar 2010 Sync.

- Addresses Facebook sync issue which can improve battery performance.

- scrolling/screen responsiveness in certain places improved imo. It just snaps like it's supposed to. Although lag in those areas seems to have improved, we still have the serious lag issues overall.

- some report better battery life, but I'm wondering if this relates to the facebook issue above. I've never used FB sync and I'm not noticing anything with battery, not yet.

Negatives:

- Prevents old root methods

- If you update, you can no longer disable sense for the Android 2.1 launcher (settings > apps > manage apps > htc sense > clear defaults/force close/home). Third party launchers still work i think.

- Breaks the shootme app (need root to get it to work just like other devices now). My guess is they meant to close permissions from the start (it's now like the droid incredible)

- It removes Android wallpapers. You still have htc, gallery and live wallpapers options.

- After updating, some widgets may appear broken. Simply remove and re-add them and they will function properly again.

If I missed anything, let me know.

Last edited by lipidfats; 06-30-2010 at 01:05 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.