View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Formula84
PPCGeeks VIP
Threadstarter

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {ROM}{23569|6.5.5}{5/27}Formula's SPB MobileSense{Loaded/Baseline\Standard}Generi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod-Beeblebrox View Post
How's the build coming? OSbuilder is just too complicated for me. I have tried to build with OSkitchen a few times lately, but it doesn't like my combination of packages (dumped VZW MR2 and tried to put 23123 on it ... crashes platformrebuilder.)
I'm curious to try your ROM again with the new kitchen.

Sad news is, I think my TP2 days are probably numbered. I'm pretty enthusiastic about the new DroidX and suspect I'm hopping ship on launch day
I too have been getting lost in the sauce, I have been going back and forth between osbuilder and oskitchen, OSKitchen seems to build roms with the same GWES.exe ram footprint as my kitchen now, just a nice UI and awesome for importing stock roms to build a base from. Though OSBuilder is far more complicated and builds roms with more ram being used, I feel that it allocates modules better and thats why GWES.exe is always 8-10MB more.... maybe placebo but does seem slightly faster. I have been testing thoroughly between both to get a solid build I like, I have also been toying around with doing multiple builds i.e: WP7, GTX and of course MobileSense Espresso... I have been limited on time as well so things have been delayed.

On the jumping ship note sorry to hear, the Driod X does seem sweet but I think I am going to wait till Holiday season as there will be some dual cores out by then and hopefully WP7 so i can finally decide what my next platform will be. I am already out of my contract and can upgrade now if I want but I think I will wait for the selection to get better. WP7 might be a total flop or with community support might be a great OS, shit look at Vista vs. Windows 7 Microsoft did wonders there its possible in the mobile OS too.