Biofall
Regular 'Geeker

Biofall is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Returned Rooted Evo to Best Buy????

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
Because of many many issues with my evo (mainly this one http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124165 ) I am going to have to take it back to best buy and exchange it for a new one. I have rooted it and am running a custom rooted rom (still 2.1)... I have tried over and over again to flash the original shipped stock rom back onto the phone but keep getting error messages so I gave up. Can anyone tell me what is going to happen if I return my evo to best buy and they find out that its rooted?

What if they turn it on and see the super user icon? Will they even know what it is or what it means?

What if they dont notice that its been rooted but when they ship it back to HTC they see that its? Will they contact best buy and have them contact me and possibly charge me full price for the phone to my sprint bill?
Rooting/Flashing Custom ROMs isn't illegal. And unless you get unlucky, they most likely will have no idea. It does void the warranty though, so some smart aleck might notice, but all they can do is tell you that. No dire consequences. I'd do like the guy under the OP did and take out my sd lol
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
This post has been thanked 3 times.