View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 12:33 PM
jimmiekain
Almost a VIP

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Question Returned Rooted Evo to Best Buy????

Because of many many issues with my evo (mainly this one http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124165 ) I am going to have to take it back to best buy and exchange it for a new one. I have rooted it and am running a custom rooted rom (still 2.1)... I have tried over and over again to flash the original shipped stock rom back onto the phone but keep getting error messages so I gave up. Can anyone tell me what is going to happen if I return my evo to best buy and they find out that its rooted?

What if they turn it on and see the super user icon? Will they even know what it is or what it means?

What if they dont notice that its been rooted but when they ship it back to HTC they see that its? Will they contact best buy and have them contact me and possibly charge me full price for the phone to my sprint bill?

Update

I just got home from best buy and as soon as I sat down the guy asked how he could help I told him I needed to exchange my evo and I explained why he said ok lets take a look. He immediately went to the menu saw the super user permission icon and said awww... so you rooted your phone? This changes a lot of things in the phone hold on... Left for a min came back someone else (i assume was a manager because he had a different color shirt on) they looked at it for a second the mngr whispered something to him and left. Then he asked me if I could un-root it because they cant send it back to sprint the way it is.

I took it back and left.

I was ultra pissed off because the best buy store was like 25 miles away from my house and as far as im concerned hes not a tech and has no business going through the phone. He should have just done the dang-on exchange. I tried to take a picture of him so i blast him on 4chan but the stupid camera forceclosed on me (probably a good thing... taking that picture probably would have got me in trouble anyway so I'm glad it didnt work now)

But I think it would have gone fine if I hadn't come up on a know it all.

If anyone is aware of extremely easy to follow instructions on how to unroot and return to stock please post a link.

Last edited by jimmiekain; 06-27-2010 at 05:44 PM. Reason: update