View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 02:12 PM
pimpsuprazx
VIP Member

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: R.I.P Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin39789 View Post
My Touch Pro 2 started off as a great phone. I did a few tweaks, was able to tether and generally loved it. Processor could have been faster, but I wasn't complaining.

Got the rainbow screen effect or whatever we are calling it after a few months, it was annoying but when the screen was on it was ignorable.

Tried out 6.5, got used to the look but felt slower, I finally gave up and went back to 6.1.

Then one day I'm sitting at my dining room table, watching TV. I reach down to make a call on the phone I had used 15 minutes before, and the touch screen does not respond. I tried rebooting, I tried the "open half way and then open real fast" trick that I found in a thread here. Nothing was working. I could still sorta make calls using the physical keyboard, but the phone was no good.

No Insurance.

Called HTC, arranged for an RMA, mailed it in. They explained all the ways that it might be my fault(running over it, water, etc) but I felt pretty confident in going straight to them because I hadn't done anything stupid. I've dropped a different phone in water before and I took it to sprint and was honest with them and paid for the repair.

Got an email today, showing that they want $280.00 to replace the screen. I called in for an explanation, apparently I wasn't supposed to get that email, it was supposed to go to a rep who was supposed to call me with the bad news. Rep I spoke with said that Sprint repairs are different than others and they don't get good notes sent back from the technicians so she is escalating it for a better explanation, but didn't give any hope that it would be covered under warranty.

All I know right now is -

Customer ComplaintANY OTHER COMPLAINTTouchpro 2 (sprint) screen unresponsive.Inspection ResultsLCD BLEEDINGRepair Fault CodesSPRINT
When we were speaking and I mentioned the rainbow effect she started to ask about putting pressure on the phone and "god forbid" putting it in a pocket!

Will post an update once they confirm that I'm getting screwed over. Then I get to pay $280 to have them fix it or $28 for the diagnostic fee to get the carcass back.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

its cheaper to go on ebay and just buy another tp2 then paying to fix that one lol

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME