jhale83
PPCGeeks Regular

jhale83 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TomTom on Android 2.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
I've become really partial to using TomTom on my phone when I have to make a quick trip on business. Often I have to go somewhere unfamiliar at the drop of a hat and having TomTom with me at all times is nice. I dont always keep a stand alone GPS Navigation unit in my car.

One thing I know I would miss when going from TP2 to a EVO is TomTom (not to mention SERO). I cant stand Sprint Navigation software, its slow to update and it just isnt as good or as easy to read. Part of it is that I'm probably just familiar with and used to TomTom.

Has TomTom made any official statements regarding releasing TomTom software specifically for Android?
If you want a GPS option that resides on your SD card (so you don't have to rely on network signal) CoPilot is a good option for Android. I think it's $29.99 or something like that from the market. I actually purchased this when I had WinMo and they let me transfer my license over to Android. With that being said, I typically use Google Navigation as my GPS first, then Sprint Nav second (it's much better on my EVO than it was on my TP2) and CoPilot third. There's not anything wrong with CoPilot, I just prefer those others more. The great thing about the Android market is you can go out and install CoPilot and use it for 24 hours and if it's not for you, uninstall it within that 24 hour period and get a refund.
This post has been thanked 2 times.