View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 07:25 PM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Samsung Galaxy S Display vs. Iphone 4 Display

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppcgpirate View Post
I agree, but I don't think its a clear win for super amoled. If they just used a traditional RGB subpixel matrix instead of Pentile matrix (which alternates 2x sized red blue pixels), it would have had better resolution. Samsung can say it's a 800x480 display but we all know that's a lie. it doesn't have anywhere as many pixels as that, roughly 33% less because of the configuration.

I know i'm being nit-picky but why go with super amoled (awesome tech) and screw over the pixel count? you can see in the photos how the white text has blue & red color bleeding because those pixels are twice the size of the green one. this is what irks me. if you're going to make a baller phone, do it right and make every aspect of it baller.

....i would probably still get this phone for sprint though.

Well it boils down to this.. Resistive Screens are actually better then Capacitive screens...but why do ppl want the Capacitive screens?

The human eye can distinguish green better then any other color...so from perceptual you would see it better then what it actually is...

Also it uses less energy this way...

And lastly I'm nto sure about the RED but in OLED blue runs out faster..so if you see a tint of blue...it will disapear with use...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)