View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 07:23 PM
bignadad
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Threadstarter

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼15 New Widgets☼23563☼21899 ☼ Quickest, Most Customizable Manila

Quote:
Originally Posted by arn24 View Post
Developers like feedback, right?

I think this ROM has potential. It looks like no other, (Mobile Shell aside...) and takes a different approach to everyday use.

I tried to like this, but I'm gonna have to leave it for now. It's extremely laggy, most of the widgets don't work how I assume they should (I may not be using them right, but it should be more intuitive.) Like the contact 'wheel' widget; it doesn't do anything when I push it. When you click on SMS/Missed call/etc Alert, you have to touch the little tiny icon, instead of anywhere on that alert. The 'turn upside down to lock' thing is kinda gimmicky, I miss the S2U. 50% of the times when I slide the keyboard out for texting or anything really, either the screen doesn't rotate, the on-screen keyboard stays up, icons are in the way, or the phone freezes. I cannot do anything with Opera; freezes. I could not get the phone to be recognized via usb while set to Disk Transfer.

I'm sure many of these issues could be fixed, or a fix is being worked on. I'm just a noob, and this is only the 5th ROM I've tried. I'm not bitc^ing about anything, just letting you know the experience this noob had with it. I could not do anything like this, and I appreciate and thank you for the time spent on it.

I'll try it again someday!

Aaron
Yes i do like feedback and thanks for it..

have not heard one person ever say it was laggy or extremely laggy...

most of the widgets dont work? like which ones? i know of 2 or maybe 3 not functioning correctly (most implies over half and there are 20 something widgets)
auto lock works great for me
the landscape is a little buggy but if you take it just a bit slower it works fine.. never had it lock up
i use opera everyday to look up numbers and such
i also plug in my phone daily to sync via active sync and storage card and it always works

sorry it didnt work out for you

This post has been thanked 1 times.