View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 07:23 PM
newkidd
PPCGeeks Regular

newkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {BigMaxSense ROM}☼15 New Widgets☼23563☼21899 ☼ Quickest, Most Customizable Manila

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 View Post
I flashed this rom yesterday because i really wanted to play with 1.03. I have a lot of gripes though. i used task 29 and cleared storage, yet this rom still lags like no other. I've been continuously soft resting because my ram is constantly in the 80's and 90's!!! Moreover, trying to run taskfacade on this rom has caused every single app i had open to crash several times in the one day i have been using it.

the problem I'm having now is that i cant flash the new NRG because the phone freezes and needs a reset every time i try to connect to active sync. furthermore, I'm getting a connection error while trying to connect it while in bootloadermode for the first time with any ROM ever!

:cuss ing:: cussing:

lol dont get frustrated i usually have the same problems with NRG roms. usually after first flash the rom freezes up during the initial customization period, or right after i do a clearstorage. ive never gotten active sync to USB connect as well.

you might check your xda_uc folder. there might be something in there causing a freeze up. just a suggestion, cause i honestly have no idea.

i would say with any of the MaxSense roms, the available memory is always anywhere from 10%-30%. its the way MaxSense runs. as far as i can tell, the manila application runs, then MaxSense runs on top of it and tells manila how to operate. the available memory is usually to an extent, incorrect. since MaxSense and manila run at the same time, the amount of ram the system believes it requires is doubled, giving you a false number.

ive never run taskfascade, but the built in one works just fine. its been fine tuned to help keep what you need open and everything else close-able. only memory program i would recommend would be something like htc addicts clean ram. works on a schedule and shuts down all programs but necessary system files.

I honestly think it runs almost like a VirtualMachine, or even paging file does. it automatically allocates a set amount of ram, but never even gets close to using that much of it. I have ran MaxSense since day one, and i have never noticed a lag or lack of memory, and i play Smartgear for its gameboy and genesis and nintendo emulator and Morphgear for its snes constantly. they are both resource hogs, and i havent even had to lower my video quality or adjust the frame rate to have seamless gameplay.

the cake is a lie(anybody lol?)

the numbers you read arent exactly correct, but its as close as the system knows how to interpret this kind of operation. before you begin to get frustrated, give us a holler. if your missing something, need something, or not having a good time, let us know and we will do our best to try to help out. its what we are here for!
This post has been thanked 1 times.