View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 02:50 AM
JaredC01
PPCGeeks Regular

JaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Tutorial] How to check your 003 screen type...

After the recent announcement of breaking the 30FPS cap on the 003, everyone with the 003 is going to want to know if they've got the Epson screen or the Novatec screen... Here's how to check!
  • Make sure you have HTC's Sync software installed from HERE.
  • Download and extract the ADB (Android Debug Bridge) software (HERE) to a folder on your hard drive. I used C:\Android SDK\ on my system.
  • On your phone, open up Settings -> Application -> Development, and enable USB Debugging.
  • Connect your phone to your computer via USB.
  • Make sure your phone is set to 'Charge only' mode.
  • Open the folder you extracted the files to...
  • While holding Ctrl + Shift, right click on the 'tools' folder...
  • Click on 'Open command window here'...
  • Type the following into the command window and hit enter...

Code:
    adb shell dmesg > evoinfo.txt
  • Close out the command window, and open the 'tools' folder from the directory you extracted the SDK files to. You should see a text file called 'evoinfo'...
  • Open up the evoinfo.txt file...
  • Hit Ctrl + F to bring up the 'Find' window in your text editor, and search for 'epson'. If you get a message like the one in the picture, move on to the next step. If you DO find a line containing 'epson' you have an Epson display panel!
  • If the search for 'epson' comes up with nothing, start a new search for 'nova'. If you find an entry with 'nova' in it, you have a Novatec display panel (as I do)...
That's it! Really simple to do, and if you've got your phone rooted already you should already have all the tools you need!

Any questions, leave 'em here and I'll see if I can help.

Last edited by JaredC01; 06-23-2010 at 03:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 19 times.