cerathalis
Lurker

cerathalis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/18/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
re: rom manager: well thats what the developer said, he said it checks every night @ midnight. Now I have the premium version, and I did not get a notification @ or after midnight stating there was an update. It may be because I had already did a manual check for update, so the program may have known I already knew about it. I'm getting ready to flash again, so we'll see what happens tonight. I'll also clarify w/ the developer.

Does anyone have the premium version of rom manager & can comment if they rec'd a notice of a update?

I'm sure in time there will be a hack for HDMI out for everything, but I havent heard of one yet.

no worries, most of us are Android noobs, even me....

when u say "software info for the rom didn't show the 1.4 version", where were u looking? in the Rom manager? if so, it's possible u wont see your current rom if u dont have the premium version. can anyone else comment?

it really doesnt sound like u did anything wrong....not sure why u went back to stock...
I went back to stock because I just got through SD and USB bricking the device and figured it was time to ask questions and figure out what I did before I ended up with a real brick. That and if it flaked out in a hardware way it would have been easier to return.

I was looking for 1.4 by going to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Information -> Software number

It kept showing Software Number: 1.32.651.6 OMJ

I expected that to reflect the 1.4 numbering. Either way something went wrong following those instructions.

-

Do you know of a post that describes what the nand is or talks about the flash_image / recovery.img / and adb are? I'm trying to wrap my head around what goes where, what its responsible for etc to figure out why I bricked it so I can avoid future mistakes.

Would it be wise to follow the instructions on http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714 . I'm trying to figure out the best way to get OMJ 1.4 up and have the rom manager software working so updating is a snap.