View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 07:01 PM
WarChild
War is the answer!

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/18/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerathalis View Post
Thanks for the response I'm new to the whole andoird world, came over from winmo. Sorry for being a newb at this.

Understood on the 1.4 part.

I had a bit of an adventure trying to get to 1.4.

The funny thing is I selected to download 1.4 in rom manager with the new radio, it did the download and flash thing and then the radio showed as upgraded but the software info for the rom didn't show the 1.4 version. (Queman was removed so it was hard to tell if it was a good flash)

So I went back and tried to flash it manually, and I downloaded 1.4 and flashed and got the same results with the latest Clockworkmod recovery console.

Next step was I went back to the base sprint rom with an RUU. Followed the steps in: "EVO Full Root|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Videos" did the data wipe 2x dalvik-cache 2x etc and the first boot after the flash of OMJ 1.4 r.zip, the device showed 1.3 in the software info. Then things went wrong, next boot sdcard said it was removed and to put in a new one, USB wasn't being detected.

I sdcard and usb bricked my device. So some really handy steps by Calkulin and I got USB back up and now I'm sitting back at the stock sprint rom.

From File: RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.6_Radio_1.39.00.05.31_rele ase_171253_signed.exe

-

Any suggestions on the best steps to upto OMJ 1.4? Does it sound like I messed up on the nand unlock or are there better steps to follow?
If it's "bricked" there is nothing you can do.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.