View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 01:43 AM
AcousticBruce
Lurker

AcousticBruce is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [06-18-10] MR.X Sense 2.5_2013 [Build 21903.5.0.92]

I want to let you know about an issue I have found.

This has to do with symbols. I have 2 issues.
-I have an issue with people receiving symbols in text messages from me.
-the symbol menu (on the physical keyboard) will not work when i use the sense menu to send a text.

The first one I have had an issue with mightyrom and mr x 2.1 and 2.5. Now I could have an issue with other roms, i just cannot recall. My friend Stephanie has an iphone and this is where i discovered it. So I tried a series of symbol meassages too her and mos the time it was crazy characters that she got..
Here is an example. i would type "Mańana"

with MightyRom she got "?M?a???a?n?a?"
with your rom she gets this "Ma_ana"

interesting enough all sybols come out as an underscore for your rom.
the other roms did ? marks in between each character and the symbol.

perhaps this is something out of your control and I would understand.

The second part though is probably more in your control. Using the sense text msg menu when you click on your last incoming text msg it takes you to a threaded text msg screen. In this screen I cannot get into the symbol menu. So I tried a different approach, in the Sense menu, instead of clicking on the contact I clicked at the bottom that said "all messages" and it takes you to a inbox. when you click on one of these incoming messages it takes you to a slightly different threaded menu. In this version the symbols button works.

I have sprint and the only thing i have installed is FlyersTweakedArcSoft(threaded)5.2.12.62.cab

hope this helps.

I hope i have been specific enough for you. Thanks for everything!