View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 08:29 PM
stab244
PPCGeeks Regular

stab244 is keeping up the good workstab244 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jun 19| 21905|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmatthewsatiug View Post
I had a strange experience that wasted a ton of time, so I thought I'd post it here. I downloaded Energy.RHODCDMA.23569.Sense2.5.Cookie.Jun.19.7z and did my normal Task29 and flash routine. After I did this, I couldn't get Sense to start. My phone would sit there trying to start Sense, but even after an hour, no joy.

I thought it must have been some cab or something I was installing with the XDA_UC. I spent hours trying to isolate the culprit file, but still no joy. I downloaded the recent maxsense version of NRG to get around the Sense issues I thought might be related to Co0kie. Still no joy.

I searched this forum and several others. Still I didn't find any clues that solved my problem.

At this point I was getting very suspicious. I had downloaded several versions of the ROMs thinking I could have had a corrupt flash. I flashed so many times (and Task 29'd) that I was getting concerned that I might have damaged my phone . I spent more time trying to isolate the problem.

I then removed my 16 GB SD card to make sure XDA_UC couldn't work. (Before doing that, I had removed the XDA_UC folder in an experiment that didn't work.) I planned to do a task29 reflash, but then Sense started. That led me to reformat my memory card and problem solved.

Lessons learned:

1. My problem wasn't the ROM or my other cabs etc. I thought maybe this was just a buggy release but I didn't see anyone else having problems.

2. The memory card can somehow impact the way Sense works. I don't understand much about these phones software (I'm a pathetic end user, not a software professional).

I hope this will help someone else that may be having a similar problem. Maybe it will show up when they search this thread.
Do you have a lot of e-mails stored on your SD card? It might be that since someone else had a problem of Sense taking forever to load since it loaded like 3K or something like that at once. Or at least it tried to and that's what made it take so long to load.
This post has been thanked 1 times.