View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 05:45 PM
pmatthewsatiug
PPCGeeks Regular

pmatthewsatiug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpmatthewsatiug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpmatthewsatiug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpmatthewsatiug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |CDMA Rhodium|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Jun 19| 21905|23569 | MaxSense / Sense 201

I had a strange experience that wasted a ton of time, so I thought I'd post it here. I downloaded Energy.RHODCDMA.23569.Sense2.5.Cookie.Jun.19.7z and did my normal Task29 and flash routine. After I did this, I couldn't get Sense to start. My phone would sit there trying to start Sense, but even after an hour, no joy.

I thought it must have been some cab or something I was installing with the XDA_UC. I spent hours trying to isolate the culprit file, but still no joy. I downloaded the recent maxsense version of NRG to get around the Sense issues I thought might be related to Co0kie. Still no joy.

I searched this forum and several others. Still I didn't find any clues that solved my problem.

At this point I was getting very suspicious. I had downloaded several versions of the ROMs thinking I could have had a corrupt flash. I flashed so many times (and Task 29'd) that I was getting concerned that I might have damaged my phone . I spent more time trying to isolate the problem.

I then removed my 16 GB SD card to make sure XDA_UC couldn't work. (Before doing that, I had removed the XDA_UC folder in an experiment that didn't work.) I planned to do a task29 reflash, but then Sense started. That led me to reformat my memory card and problem solved.

Lessons learned:

1. My problem wasn't the ROM or my other cabs etc. I thought maybe this was just a buggy release but I didn't see anyone else having problems.

2. The memory card can somehow impact the way Sense works. I don't understand much about these phones software (I'm a pathetic end user, not a software professional).

I hope this will help someone else that may be having a similar problem. Maybe it will show up when they search this thread.

Last edited by pmatthewsatiug; 06-20-2010 at 05:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.