View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 09:42 PM
ziggy471
Geek with a Gun

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ░░░░ MightyROM.com ░░░░ Windows Phone® ░░░░

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand, If you install the CFC cab it only adds to the windows directory making it bigger and thus making the device slower

Unless CFC's are cooked in, the device will lag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmike View Post
If you want to use the CFC files, then you need the first file to patch Manila, then you need the actual CFC'ed graphic files (second file).

As for actually speeding it up, I've tried it I didn't notice any difference either way.
As fastmike said, the first one is the patched Manila.exe and mode9.dll files. The other is all the *manila files compressed. As I've said before, according to ChainFire, it *might* be faster, but definitely smaller, if cooked in. If you want to use any *manila files that are CFC compressed, then you need to have a manila.exe that will support it. As for all the *manila files compressed, if it's not cooked into a ROM, it'll just take up more space, so it's not worth it.

Z

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan
This post has been thanked 1 times.