View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010, 12:31 AM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
My bad.....I messed up............I meant the only thing I didn't do was unlock the nand protection because I don't know what that it or what it does..............I apologize!
No worries. Unlocking Nand is the path to full root. Toast's method came in two parts-you just finished Part I. Almost full root but you can't write to /system and you need a PC for recovery (unless you use an app like ROM Manager but it's not 100% the same as the regular recovery. The difference is minor)
Writing to /system lets us add/delete apps ourselves from /system not just /data as well as let us install and run apps from the SD card with A2SD. OMJ just released his latest ROM and I'm testing that feature now.
The steps to Part II are just as easy as Part I IMO.
In the future you may need to be fully rooted to run ROMs that are written with full root in mind-dont hold me to that, that's my theory and I haven't had anyone smarter than me confirm or deny.

EDIT:
@Subzero-guess this applies to your post too So you're good to go Dude? Awesome

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-19-2010 at 12:40 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.