View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 06:44 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
ok...i've typed in the commands...but it won't ask me to flash the pc36img.zip. This is for nand backup...full ROOT. Should I try it without HTC sync and just charge only? would that make a difference?

have checked and usb debug was connected...

after I typed in the commands in the shell...nothing happens...

do I NEED full root with NAND unlock to flash ROMs really? I'm already on OMJ's
Yes, try with Charge Only.

You need full root to write to /system and to do restore without a PC (ROM Manager does this but it's not exactly the same)

With the ability to write to system we can pull/add apps to /system/apps vs only /data/apps as we can now, without full root. There be more benes but I'm still learing

You can flash ROM's now obviously, but my *GUESS* is that you may not be able to flash future ROM's that are written for full root. That is just a n00b guess though