View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 11:19 AM
eenieMINI
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[How To] Load New OS --eenie version

A member recently asked:
Quote:
(Originally by damarcomclemore)---
i am currently running the sprint release of os 5.0.0.624 and i just found Mr. x new os version on here. I downloaded it onto my laptop and just wanted to know if i had to do a roll back on my os before i installed the new one from here. i also have bbsak loaded on my laptop if that helps. any information you can give me on this would be of great importance. thanks in advance
Here's my basic answer: (my experience, though limited; my opinion, though not always educated)
No need to revert OS to load new OS. However, its cleaner (and can often avoid error messages) to run a full backup then wipe the device. Wiping the device means removing all OS software so you get a message reading "load software 552". Then there is no "overwriting" of COD files but nice clean load. It also makes "finding" the upgrade/downgrade a piece of cake!

In the next post I'll list my step by step method and why. Then we can gather other users' methods here in this thread to help new users out. Usually we learn from each others posts so don't be silent! Two cents adds up to millions!

BrennB
This post has been thanked 1 times.