Thread: Evo Resolutions
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 05:11 PM
Donatom3
Almost a VIP

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Re: Evo Resolutions

"Snapdragon CPU-
Underperforms compared to even the 1st Gen Iphone."
Where are you getting this from? The Evo is on par with the ipad in page loading even on WiFi and the ipad is using Apple's newest processor, not to mention mobile safari has been way more optimized than andriod browser.

"Fragile Glass-
Glass Shatters easily even when dropped on carpet."
Your basing this off of less than 5 reported incidents out of over 100k phones sold?
You might want to do the math on how small of a percentage this is, plus it's been reported that they've already broken new iphone 4 screens dropping it from 3ft. Also one of those crack pictures look like the phone was actually hit on the screen in the corner.

"30 FPS Cap-
Hardware or software is capped.Maybe future fix?"
Should be software, since the snapdragon has proven on the nexus one to go higher than 30 fps. This is a valid complaint though

"Bad battery Life:
Short comming results"
As google said at their I/O conference if you aren't getting a days worth out of your android device then something is wrong. Yes there is a bug in the calendar that can cause the phone to never go to sleep, but you have plenty of us out here who are experiencing better battery life than on previous smartphones.

"2 Built quality-
002: Has less issues
003: New backdoor color but inferior build."
Beyond the new door I don't see a difference between my 002 and my bro's 003. Hardware revisions get changed all the time, sometimes new vendors for parts come out and that's technically a hardware revision.

"Front Lcd Glass-
Glass peels upwards an feels springy."
This is definitely not something to let the manufacturer get away with. When producing hundreds of thousands of products you are bound to make a few bad ones. No process is perfect. So yes someone should check for this and return and exchange, but let's not make it seem like ALL of the phones are like this.
This post has been thanked 2 times.