View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 01:19 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO - Root|Recovery|Nand Backup|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfld View Post
Well i rooted based on your instructions yesterday.

Do i need to just skip to that new added part now? To be fully rooted?

Also alot of people are saying OMJ rom and custom radio.. i flashed omjs rom however is there a seperate radio i need, or is that already cooked in?
Yes , you need to continue the process from the newest instructions, download ALL files listed.
OMJ doesn't include the radio. Grab it here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=124221

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
I cant seem to connect to HTC Sync. Ive tried both the version on the SD card and the newest from HTC.com. It keeps telling me it cant find HTC Sync on my PC, when clearly its installed. Any clues?
HTC Sync has been hit or miss for me and others. Sometimes rebooting your PC after a reinstall helps.

Edit: Don't worry about it for the root process if that's your concern, you don't need to actually sync to root, Fast shows that in his videos.
Edit2: As Fast reminded me what is important is that USB Debugging be checked when going through the process. All you need to do is be connected as Charge Only.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-16-2010 at 01:08 AM. Reason: clarity